Join Us Be a core part of an incredible team
- Write responsive front-end code that runs seamlessly across both mobile and desktop clients
- Refactor existing client apps to improve stability and add new features
- Own the packaging and deployment of client side production code to CDN
- Own all client side tracking code and ensure web analytics funnels, reports and notifications are working correctly across all of our apps
- Experience using a popular JS Framework (Backbone / Ember / Angular, etc.)
- Understanding and experience applying the latest modern web technologies and best practices - CSS3, SASS, yeoman, HTML5 boilerplate, grunt, bower, etc..
- Good design sensibility and ability to rapidly convert a wire frame / mockup to functional web code
- Experience customizing and integrating with 3rd party embed tools, eg (YouTube, SoundCloud, Twitter, Facebook, Bandcamp, Vimeo, etc..)
- Expert knowledge of optimizing client code for performance
- Team player with professional standards and positive attitude
- Experience in a startup environment
- Experience using NodeJS, willingness to hold off on replacing everything with it
Fluence is looking for a talented Server Engineer who will be responsible for building and maintaining our core server side systems, currently written in Python. We are looking for a smart, hard working team player who can build web APIs in their sleep, is interested or has experience with machine learning and loves solving technical problems at scale.
- Develop core web services which drive the Fluence apps
- Develop user analytics to help us better understand our customers
- Develop social sharing analytics to help us better under how people are sharing content on Twitter, Facebook and around the web
- Experience developing RESTful web service APIs
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills
- Experience using Python to build real world web apps
- Experience developing or integrating with payment systems
- Experience hacking with 3rd party APIs
- Background and strong interest in analyzing social data
- Genuine passion for the tech / product / space
- Linux system administration
- Infrastructure / Cloud automation
- MongoDB / Redis / Memcache
- Scalability / Mongo query optimization
- Experience scaling a large scale professional web application
- Data science experience mining web data and analyzing graph connections
Fluence is looking for a Marketing Intern who will be responsible for helping to grow our community in a variety of ways. We are looking for a diligent and energetic team player who loves to engage with community members and leave them with a positive impression. You will be at the forefront of creating a new platform bringing creators of all kinds together with professional curators, influencers, and experts from many different fields. This is an opportunity for you to gain valuable experience in building a new technology with a team that enjoys fresh ideas and values a work-life balance.
- Diagnose, improve, and help solve issues on the platform.
- Customer and user outreach for feedback and support.
- Content strategy development.
- Social media management.
- User acquisition and community growth.
- Respond to customer service requests and any inbound inquiries from users.
- Quality assurance testing.
- A positive attitude with a tenacity to multi-task and take on a variety of roles in an early stage start-up environment.
- Recent graduate with interest and passion in marketing and serving customers
- Internship or entry level experience in a software or digital media startup
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced start-up with rapidly evolving product iterations and marketing materials.
- Experience in product marketing appreciated.
- Strong interpersonal skills and charm to keep our community happy.
If you are looking for an internship with the possibility of an entry level role at a fast-paced digital media startup, this could be the dream job for you. A strong interest in blogging, curating, or social media is a plus. A passion for media and its evolution is a must.